GPW specialises in providing financial advice and services to a unique group of investors. Those being:
- High Net Worth Individuals (HNWI) earning in excess of $250,000 per annum;
- Business entrepreneurs with a net worth in excess of $1 million;
- Investors with over $1 million of capital to invest;
- Retirees requiring income upwards of $15,000 per month; and
- Corporate trusts, industry associations and deceased estates with $1 million plus of investable funds.
Statistics from the 2011 Capgemini World Wealth Report reveal the wealth of Australian individuals in this group continues to grow at a rapid pace:
- In 2009, Australia became the tenth largest home to HNWIs in the world, overtaking Brazil.
- In 2010, Australia again increased in rank and became the ninth largest home to HNWIs in the world, overtaking Italy.
- The number of Australian HNWI (those with more than US$1 million in investable assets) grew by around 20,000 or 11.1 per cent in 2010. This means there were over 192,900 millionaires in Australia by the end of 2010.
These figures highlight the need for HNWI’s to seek specialist advice. In our experience, people with professional and / or business know-how do not necessarily have the skills needed to turn corporate / professional success into personal wealth.
The biggest mistake many make is failing to recognise they do not have the time or expertise needed to manage their own investments as effectively as they manage their own business or career.