GPW is committed to complying with the Privacy Act requirements introduced in December 2001.
GPW may collect information from you for the following purposes:
- Provision of financial planning services both initially and on an ongoing basis;
- Completion of associated documentation and application forms;
- To provide agreed services to assist in meeting your requirements, goals and objectives;
- To market services that may be supplied by GPW or by other suppliers, which may be of interest to you, unless informed not to do so.
GPW are required under various legislative bodies and codes of practice to collect certain information from you in order to provide the range of services noted above. These include, but are not limited to, the Corporations Act, certain regulations issued by the Australian Securities and Investments Commission, as well as the Rules of Professional Conduct of the Financial Planning Association.
Whilst you are not obliged to provide us with the information requested, if you decline to do so, we may be unable to provide the level of service and advice required and expected of us.
In connection with the provision of services, it may be necessary for us to disclose your personal information to other professionals and organisations such as:
- Financial institutions (including fund managers, life companies, superannuation trustees, share brokers)
- Government departments eg. Australian Taxation Office, RBL Office and Centrelink
- Associated companies and internal divisions of GPW to assist in the provision of client services
- External service providers and auditors
We undertake not to use or disclose information collected, for purposes other than those detailed above, or related purposes, unless the law requires such a disclosure or you have provided us with consent to do so.
GPW recognises how important the privacy of your personal information is to you. We will therefore, at all times, seek to ensure that the personal information collected and held by us is protected from misuse, loss, unauthorised access, modification or disclosure.
GPW is committed to ensuring that the personal information we hold about you is accurate, complete and up to date. If you believe that the personal information we hold about you is incorrect, we request that you contact us and we will take all reasonable steps to correct the information.
If at any time you wish to access the information we hold, you are welcome to request this by contacting the GPW Privacy Officer on (03) 9856 4500.